Steel-curtain roll-up doors have come a long way – and because of their durable metal construction, they last a long time, too. In fact, if installed properly, metal roll-up doors can last 30 years or more.
It’s easy to include a light- or heavy-duty roll-up door from DBCI in your next project with Star. DBCI doors can be ordered through SBS with your building order. With 23 color choices, easy maintenance and a wide variety of customizable options, you’ll find the perfect fit for your building and your style.
A variety of factors should be considered to determine the right roll-up door for your commercial, industrial or institutional building, including:
- Will the door be used frequently – on a day-to-day basis?
- Is sound-proofing needed?
- Will climate control be a factor?
- Is the building located in an area with extreme weather conditions?
Star offers a variety of DBCI door options including light-duty, heavy-duty and wind-certified categories to address your building’s specific needs. But in general, steel curtain roll-up doors offer a long list of advantages in both the short and long term:
- Security: maximize the security of the most vulnerable part of your building with steel doors and latches. Wood and other materials can’t stand up to theft, fire, noise, vandalism and contamination like steel.
- Long-lasting durability: steel won’t warp, rot, crack or easily dent. And DBCI’s high quality primer and paint coatings add extra muscle to prevent chips and scratches. Additionally, rust-resistant spring coatings, bottom bars, and other components can be added.
- Low-maintenance upkeep: overall, there is less maintenance with a steel roll-up door. But when maintenance is required, parts are easily replaceable and easily adjusted on site.
- Energy efficiency: save on heating and electricity costs year-round.
- Space efficiency: roll-up doors take up less overhead space by opening vertically into a roll, rather than sliding on tracks.
- Cost savings: steel roll-up doors are less expensive to purchase, and save money over the long-term with fewer repairs and replacements, and greater durability.
If you’d like to know more about the advantages or the wide range of customizable options of DBCI doors, contact your Star representative today or view the brochure – the perfect roll-up door can be delivered right along with your building.